Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Biscuits and Gravy



What's up foodies? Y'all doing good? You good? You good? I'm good. You good? Okay, good. Well. today I am sharing my recipe for biscuits and gravy. This should have been posted three weeks ago, but I got so busy and distracted.

Biscuits and gravy is easily one of my favorite breakfast items to eat. It's simple and very delicious. About a month ago, I shared recipe for buttermilk biscuits, which you can find here. These biscuits are the perfect base for this sausage gravy.

You will see below that the measurements for the salt and pepper are to taste. I did that because when making any kind of gravy, you add a little salt and it seems bland, but as the gray cooks, the flavor comes out more. So I have left the salt and pepper up to you because the gravy can go from super bland to super salty in a snap (I know from experience).

Notes:
- If the sausage you use renders a lot of fat, you may not need to add the butter.
- If gravy gets too thick, add a little more milk.

Recipe:

Gravy:
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 3 tbsp.flour
- 4 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- salt and pepper to taste.

Get buttermilk biscuit recipe here.

Directions:

In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, crumbling up with spoon. Once sausage is full cooked, add in butter an stir until melted. Add in flour and stir about 2 minutes until flour has dissolved and most of the flour taste has cooked out. Add in milk and bring to a simmer for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Add in the salt, pepper, and sage and cook for an additional 5 minutes over medium heat or until desired thickness is reached. 




No comments:

Post a Comment