Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Buttermilk Biscuits


What's up foodies? Y'all doing good? You good? You good? I'm good!You good? Okay, good. Today I'm sharing my recipe for buttermilk biscuits. Now, I already have another biscuit recipe on my blog that is a little different from this one, but I figured, everyone needs a good buttermilk biscuit recipe, right? 

I love a good biscuit and these really hit the spot. I'm not just saying that because it's my recipe either. In this  recipe, I used both butter and shortening, I feel this just adds to the overall flavor of the biscuits. I have another recipe coming up within the next week that will go perfectly with these biscuits.

I hope you enjoy the recipe, and if you try them, please let me know what you think.

Ingredients:
  • 3 1/2 cups self-rising flour
  • 1 tsp. baking powder
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 3/4 cups buttermilk
  • 2 tbsp. sugar
  • 4 tbsp.butter
  • 4 tbsp. shortening (cold)- [butter flavored if you can find it]
  • 2 tbsp. melted butter
Directions:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In a bowl whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in butter in shortening with pastry blender or two forks until the butter and shortening are in small crumbles. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and pour in buttermilk. Gently mix until dough forms. Pour the dough out onto floured work surface and knead until it comes together. Using a floured biscuit cutter, cut the biscuits closely together.  Place biscuits onto baking pan and brush the tops with melted butter. Placed into preheated oven. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.



No comments:

Post a Comment