Friday, October 16, 2015

Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats

What's up foodies? Are you doing good? You good? You good? I'm good! You good? Okay good. Today I'm posting something a little fun for Halloween. Chocolate Rice Krispies Treats. Now, this idea is something that I came up with a little while ago, but I decided to wait and save it until closer to Halloween.

This isn't too innovative, I'm pretty sure this has been done before, but I think its fun for Halloween. When I originally thought of these, I was wondering how I could get all the chocolate to cover the rice krispies cereal, and then I remembered that they sell cocoa krispies and my problem was solved. Now, if you don't have cocoa rice cereal in your area, I suggest that you take regular rice cereal, place them into a plastic bag and then spray the cereal with cooking spray and then pour in some sweetened cocoa and mix them all together. I haven't tried that, so I can't tell you how it will work, but it's worth a try. You can also just use regular rice cereal.

Notes:
- It's very important that you keep your stove heat on low to prevent burning the chocolate and the marshmallows.
- I melted and colored some white chocolate to spread on top of them when they were finished.

Recipe:
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted (milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate)
- 5 cups cocoa krispies cereal
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)

Directions:
In a pot over low heat, melt the butter. When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and vanilla extract and stir until the marshmallows have melted. Add in the melted chocolate and mix it in until combined. When the chocolate is combined, remove the mixture from the heat and add the cocoa krispies cereal and stir really well to combine everything. If you choose, you can add the mini chocolate chips when you add the cereal. Once everything is well combined, pour the mixture into a greased 9x9 or 13x9 inch pan and pat down evenly using a greased rubber spatula or clean hands. Let the treats set to firm about 10 to 15 minutes and then slice and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment