Friday, April 17, 2015

7Up Pound Cake


What's up foodies? You going good? I'm good! You good? Okay, good. Today, I have another cake recipe that I have been working on. A few weeks ago, a friend of mine asked if I knew how to make a 7Up Pound Cake after watching my YouTube channel. Now, at the time, I didn't have my own recipe, but I told her yes, because it couldn't be too hard, and it wasn't (I did make it a few times to get it right).

My recipe is very basic and it doesn't stray much from any other recipes. Around here people love this type of cake, and I'm sure you'll love it too. Now, this is a pound cake, so it uses quite a few ingredients, but In the future, I plan on making a non-pound version of the cake. Now, you don't have to use 7Up in this cake, you can use whatever lemon lime soda you prefer. I gave it to my friend and she loved it. She said it was gone in two days. So, please give this recipe a try, and I hope you enjoy it.

Recipe:
- 3 sticks of softened butter
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tbsp. lemon extract
- 1 1/4 cup 7Up soda (or any lemon lime soda you prefer) (room temperature)

For the glaze:
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp milk (plus more if needed)

For the cake:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat the butter and sugar together with your mixer until fluffy. With the mixer on low, add the eggs in one at a time. Add your vanilla and lemon extract to the soda, and the alternate adding the flour and the soda. Start with the flour and end with the flour. Once the flour and soda have been added, give your bowl a good stir to make sure everything is combined, and the pour your batter into a greased and floured bundt or tube pan. Bake for 1 hour to and 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until golden brown and a tooth pick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

For the glaze:
Mix all three ingredients in a bowl until it becomes a thick paste. Add more milk if needed.




1 comment:

  1. Yes, getting ready to make this. (Raise your cake lol.)

    ReplyDelete